The Summary report displays the Client Network Server Breakdown of the action and various metrics.
The following is an example of a summary report.
The following protocols are included in the summary:
SSL (secure communication)
HLS (HTTP Live Streaming)
Note: The side bar may be different depending on the testing tool from which NV Insights was generated.
The values for the fields shown in each pie are:
Client: Portion of time that the client process ran (does not include time waiting for a server response)
- Connect: Portion of time in which the client connects to the server, such as the request in TCP or SSL handshake (the establishment of a secure channel)
Transmission: Portion of time data was downloaded or uploaded
- Response wait: Portion of time spent waiting for the server’s response
The following metrics are included in the summary:
- Total throughput: The total amount of transmitted data (KB)
- Packet overhead: The percentage of the total bytes per protocol used by non-data elements
- Total packets: Total number of packets associated with the protocol
- Application turns: The number of times a communication flow change occurs from the request to the response, per protocol
- KB per turn: The average of the throughput per application turn, per protocol