Create release milestones for events within a release's lifecycle, or cross milestones for events that are not connected to any particular release.
Define milestones in the Release Management module
You can define milestones in the Release Management module.
Select whether to create a cross milestone or a release-specific milestone.
In a shared space, select whether to create a shared milestone for all the connected workspaces.
Creating and editing milestones requires appropriate admin permissions.
To define milestones in the Release Management module:
- Open the Release Management module, and click the Milestones tab.
Click Add Milestone to define a milestone in the current workspace.
Click Add Shared Milestone to define a milestone in all the shared space's workspaces.
Select the Release Specific checkbox to indicate that the milestone will be part of a release's timeline. Select a release.
Leave the Release Specific checkbox empty to create a cross milestone.
- Set the milestone's date.
- Enter a description and add attachments to the milestone.
Tip: You can also define milestones from within a release's details. Milestones are defined in the Timeline tab, along with sprints.
Define milestones in the Settings area
In the Settings area, you can add milestones to a release within a workspace.
To define a milestone in the Settings area:
- Open the Settings area.
- Select a workspace.
- Click the Releases tab.
- Click on a release to edit it.
- In the release details, click the Timeline tab.
- Click Add Milestone. By default, a milestone that you create in a release is associated with the release. To define a cross milestone, clear the Release Specific checkbox.
You can deactivate milestones that you want to take of out use. Work items cannot be assigned to deactivated milestones.
In the milestone form or in the Milestones grid, set the Active status field to Deactivated.