ALM Octane uses phases to represent the current state of an item. As you work on items, advance them from phase to phase.
ALM Octane allows for primary and secondary phase transitions. These transitions are determined by your administrator, who customizes workflows for any item type that proceeds through development cycles.
Change phase in details view
Follow these steps to change the phase via the item's details.
- Open the item's details view.
- The item's present phase displays in the upper right corner of the pane.
To advance the item's Primary Transition, click the blue phase link.
- To advance the item's Secondary Transition options, click the drop-down arrow to choose your final selection.
- Click Save in the details tab.
Change phase in preview tab
Follow these steps to change an item's phase using the preview tab.
- Click Team Backlog module > Features, hover your mouse to the left of your intended item, and select its checkbox.
- Alternatively, from the Team Backlog module > Task board, select the item's card.
- In the pane on the right, click the Preview tab.
- Click the blue phase link to advance via the item's Primary transition choices, or the drop-down arrow to select the secondary transition choice.
Note: Each entity has its own workflow. For example, a defect's phases include New > Opened > Fixed > Proposed Closed > Closed > Obsolete.
For details on how to configure phases, see Set up workflow phases and transitions.