Public favorite links - admin tasks
ALM Octane users can create public links of dashboard favorites to share with external users.
This topic discusses the admin tasks necessary to enable the functionality. Workspace admins can also manage the public favorites created in their workspace.
ALM Octane Editions: Sharing dashboards externally is available for Enterprise edition only.
Enable public favorites
To enable the public favorites functionality, set the following configuration parameters to "true":
- Site parameter ENABLE_FAVORITE_PUBLIC_LINKS_PER_SITE
- Space parameter ENABLE_FAVORITE_PUBLIC_LINKS_PER_SHARED SPACE
In addition, to enable embedding the public favorites in online pages, such as SharePoint and Confluence, set the following space parameter to "true":
For details on setting parameters, see Configuration parameters.
Assign public favorite permissions
In Permissions > General System Actions, assign the following permissions to the appropriate roles:
- Share Public Favorite Without Login
- Manage Public Favorite
For details on setting permissions, see Assign roles and permissions.
Manage public favorites
Workspace administrators can manage all the public favorites in their workspace.
To manage public favorites:
- In the workspace area, select the Favorite Public Links tab.
- Perform the following actions: Export the links, change their expiration dates, or revoke the public links.
Following are limitations associated with public favorite links:
The public links feature is supported for Windows machines, and for Linux machines running on kernel of version 4.x and higher.
- The usage of public links may be limited in the future by the number of available licenses.