Receive notifications for items that you are following and whenever you are mentioned in a comment.
Follow items to receive notifications whenever the item is updated. You can follow a specific item or multiple items.
These are the items that you can follow:
- Backlog items
Note: You can use the Followed by me filter option in any grid to see only items that you are following or not following.
To follow a specific item:
Open an item to view its details.
- In the toolbar, click the Follow button.
- To make your notification selections the default for all followed items, click Save as default.
To follow multiple items:
Click the tab for the item type that you want to multi-select.
For example, click Backlog Items under a feature.
- If there is more than one item, select the checkbox on the right side of the items that you want to follow.
- Right-click on the screen to display the context menu, and then click Follow.
You can configure which changes you get notified on.
To configure notifications:
- Follow an item.
- Click the Follow button for that item, and select the notification options.
Get notified about comments
Users who are mentioned in comments can be notified by email. The comment is also added to the Comments tab in the My Work area. For more details, see Comment on items.
To receive emails when you are mentioned in comments:
In the ALM Octane top banner, click the Settings button .
- In the dropdown, select Email me when I am mentioned in a comment.