This setting maps Project Management user data and Microsoft Project custom fields. Currently, only user data and custom fields associated with tasks are supported.
Configure Project Management user data.
To configure user data, refer to the section "Configuring Task User Data" in the Project Management Configuration Guide. Select a text field (for example, Text Field - 200) for the Validation field.
Note: Microsoft custom text fields for tasks support a field length of 255 characters. The Project Management user data supports a maximum field length of 200 characters. Data may be truncated when synchronizing these fields.
If you change user data in the PPM Workbench after uploading the mapping file, the user data must be saved and the project settings must be refreshed in order to see the changes in the table.
- Click Edit in the User Data & Activity Fields Mapping section.
In the mapping window, double-click a PPM user data field in the Available PPM Fields.
By default, the user data field Activity is enabled, available for you to map.
- In Available MSP Fields, double-click a MSP custom field to be mapped with the PPM user data field.
Repeat step 3 and step 4 to create another mapping relationship.
The one-one mapping relationships are displayed in the middle table.
- Click OK to confirm the mapping and close the mapping window.
- Click Save on the Project Setting page to save the mapping.
- Click Edit in the Microsoft Field Mapping section.
- In the mapping window, select the mapping relationship you want to remove in the middle table.
- Click OK to confirm the mapping removal.
- Click Save on the Project Setting page to save the change.