You install the Data Migrator from PPM. If the required software for the Data Migrator is not already installed on the computer you are using, the software is installed automatically when you start the installation. For a list of the software requirements, see the client-side requirements in the APM for PPM Release Notes.
Note: Depending on the software that is installed, you might be asked to restart your computer during the installation process.
To install the Data Migrator:
Connect to PPM as an analyst or administrator.
From the menu bar, select Open > Application Portfolio > Download Data Migrator Add-In.
Note: If the Microsoft Office Customization Installer dialog box displays the message
Publisher cannot be verifiedduring the installation of the Data Migrator add-in, ignore the message and click Install.
Follow the prompts in the dialog boxes that open to complete the installation.
If you are asked to reboot your computer, click Yes to restart it now.
Enabling the Data Migrator Add-in in Microsoft Excel
By default, after you install the Data Migrator, the Data Migrator add-in is enabled in MS Excel. If Excel encounters unexpected problems, the Data Migrator add-in may be disabled and may not be displayed in the Excel's Add-in tab.
In such a case, you need to manually enable the Data Migrator add-in:
- Open Excel.
- Click the File tab, and select Options.
- Click the Add-Ins tab.
- In list of add-ins, verify that the PPMDataMigrator add-in is listed under Disabled Application Add-ins.
5. In the Manage box, select Disabled Items, and click Go.
6. Select the PPMDataMigrator add-in and click Enable.
7. Click Close.
8. In the Manage box, select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
9. Select the checkbox for PPMDataMigrator.
10. Click OK.