This topic describes the options available in each view of the portfolio
You can do the following in the Plain list view of the
|Add portfolio contents||
You can add contents to a portfolio. For details, see Add portfolio contents.
You can edit
To inline edit a
To sort the data by a column, click the column title. The data is sorted by the column in ascending order.
To sort the data in descending order, click the column title twice.
|Configure displayed columns||
Click and select the columns that you want to show. Drag the columns to change their positions.
To pin a column, hover over the column, click the down arrow, and click Pin Left.
You can do the following in the Hierarchy view of the
|Add portfolio contents|
|Move portfolio contents|
|Remove portfolio contents|
See Filter backlog items .
See Sort backlog items.
|Configure displayed columns|
This section describes how to work with
Change board layout
You can change the board layout according to your needs.
To change the board layout:
- Open a portfolio backlog in Board view.
Click to open the Change Board Layout page.
Select values for the Column and Swim Lane fields.
- Type, Program, Portfolio, Status, Strategic Theme (or the name customized in your organization), Overall Health, Cost Health, Schedule Health, and Issue Health
- The single-select list-validated auto-complete-list and list-validated drop-down-list fields that are selected in the Configure Portfolio and Scenario Comparison Options page
- The Swim Lane can be blank
To change the position of a column, drag the column header to the left or right.
To change the position of a swim lane, drag the swim lane up or down.
Inline edit portfolio contents
You can edit
To inline edit
- The Enable Inline Editing in Portfolio Backlog feature toggle is turned on.
- You have the view access grant to the portfolio.
- To edit an entity, you must have the edit access right to it.
Drag and drop
For example, if you drag
You can drag
You can edit the following fields: Strategic Theme, the single-select list-validated auto-complete-list fields, and list-validated drop-down-list fields. If a field is set to non-editable by the status dependencies, or the field attribute is set to display only, then you cannot edit this field.
Note: If a portfolio has subportfolios, when you edit the strategic theme of a
- The strategic themes of the parent portfolio and all levels of its subportfolios are listed.
- You can only select the strategic themes of the portfolio to which the
backlog itemdirectly belongs.
- If the strategic themes of different portfolios have the same name and color, only one is displayed. In this case, all these portfolios' direct entities can use this strategic theme.
This section introduces the Roadmap view and the actions available in the view.
Information provided in Roadmap view
The Roadmap view provides you with the following information:
|What initiatives your portfolio is focusing on during a time period||
The Roadmap view includes a Gantt chart. Along the top is a timeline (fiscal periods are used for timeline) .
Use Duration Type to change the time period type: years, quarters, months, or weeks.
|Which strategic themes your portfolio is serving for||
From the pipeline color, you can quickly know what strategic themes your portfolio is aligned with.
|View the duration, progress, and milestones of the projects||
Hover over the pipeline of a project, you can see the name, manager, duration, and progress of the project. Click the name link to open the project details page.
Hover over a milestone, you can see the name, planned finish date, actual finish date, and owners of the milestone.
Click the Legend on the bottom-right of the screen to view the explanations.
Roadmap view actions
You can do the following in Roadmap view of the
See Group backlog items .
See Filter backlog items .
This section describes how data is displayed in the
A layout controls the following:
- Which view is used
- Displayed columns
- Column width
- Column sequence
- Group-by fields
For every portfolio, the default layout of the
If you open a portfolio for the first time, the
If you then go to another portfolio of the same portfolio type using the same browser, the
If you then go to another portfolio of a different portfolio type using the same browser, the
Personal favorite layout
You can add your personal favorite layout. The favorite layout you added or removed in one portfolio is added or removed accordingly in all the other portfolios that you can view. You can only view and apply the favorite layout that is added by you.
To add personal favorite layout:
- In the top-right corner of the Contents tab, click .
- Click Add Favorite View, provide a name for the view, and click Save.