You can customize and use the portlets added on your PPM Dashboard page to display data in your preferred way.
Edit portlet preferences
You can configure portlet preferences to decide how data in a portlet is displayed.
To edit preferences of a portlet:
Open the Edit Preferences page of a portlet in either of the following ways:
- From the Personalize Dashboard page, select the dashboard page that contains the portlet, and in the Edit page pane > Portlets section, click the Edit portlet preferences icon in the target portlet.
- From the Personalize Dashboard page, select the portlet.
Each portlet can be unique. The available preference options of the portlet depend on how the portlet definition is defined.
Generally, you can edit portlet preferences in the following ways:
- Change the title of the portlet
- Configure the filters to capture and display the data you want.
- Choose display columns
- Configure display options
- Arrange data to determine how the portlet data is grouped
Change portlet width
You can decide whether a portlet is displayed in the wide or marrow size.
To change portlet width:
- From the Personalize Dashboard page, select the dashboard page that contains the portlet.
- In the Edit page pane > Portlet section, locate the target portlet.
- Click the Set portlet width icon to toggle the portlet display size between wide and narrow.
Export portlets to Excel
Clicking Export to Excel on a portlet exports the portlet data to an
xlsx file (Microsoft Excel file) or an
xls file (HTML file).
- If you select the option Export to HTML Excel in the Edit Preferences page, portlet is exported to an
- If yo do not select the option Export to HTML Excel in the Edit Preferences page, the portlet is exported to an
Note: The Export to HTML Excel option is only available in the Edit Preference page of builder portlets.
Maintain HTML data in the exported xlsx file
If you use the Export to Excel functionality, the format of the data which is maintained in the HTML files may be lost in the Excel files. For example, if you export a portlet with colors to Excel, the colors are not displayed in the Excel file.
To fix this issue, you should add a new column as the image field when defining the portlet data source. The value of the image field should be in the following format:
Then when you export the portlet to Excel, the image field is filled with the color specified by the field value in the Excel file.
When you export the data on a portlet to Excel, Excel translates the exported data into various formats:
Red, yellow, and green indicators are translated into cells filled with corresponding colors with white R, Y, or G letters.
Task exception indicators are translated into a red exclamation mark.
Milestone indicators are translated into a black diamond character.
Status bars are translated into a percentage number plus a percent (%) character.
Currency values are exported with the currency sign, commas, and periods.
Links to URLs are exported as links, but are altered to open in a new web browser page (instead of the current web browser page).
Drill down from portlets
Drill-down pages contain additional, detailed, or background information about a linked entry. Some drill-down pages contain portlets (these portlets are called drill-to portlets), which have their own linked entries and drill-down pages.
To drill down from a portlet, click a linked entry or click a segment of the graph or legend.
- If the drill-down page contains portlets (drill-to portlets), you can display a drill-to portlet in the maximized view by clicking the Maximize button on the drill-to portlet.
If the drill-to portlet is a list or pivot table portlet, you can also specify the columns displayed in normal view and maximized view. To specify the columns, click the Edit button on the drill-to portlet and set the columns in the Choose Display Columns section.Limitations
For the drill-to portlets that were defined before the upgrade, after upgrade, you need to open and save the portlet definition of the drill-from portlet, then the Edit button appears on the drill-to portlets.
The drill-to portlets opened from the Project Overview page do not support selecting displayed columns.