Project Health Policy
Project health is the summary condition of the project schedule health, cost and earned value health (short for cost health), and issue health. The project health indicator appears in the project header.
The Project Health policy controls:
- The weights of schedule health, cost health, and issue health.
- Whether project participants can override the project's calculated health.
Project Health = (Schedule weight * Schedule health value + Cost weight * Cost health value + Issue weight * Issue health value) / Sum of weights
- If schedule, cost, or issue health is green, the health value is 1/6.
- If schedule, cost, or issue health is yellow, the health value is 3/6.
- If schedule, cost, or issue health is red, the health value is 5/6.
The mapping between calculated project health value and its health indicator is as follows:
If project health value < 1/3, the project health indicator is green.
If 1/3 <= project health value < 2/3, the project health indicator is yellow.
If project health value >= 2/3, the project health indicator is red.
Example: Suppose a project has schedule health indicator red, cost health indicator red, and issue health indicator green. The weight values are set as follows:
Schedule Weight: 4
Cost Weight: 5
Issue Weight: 6
The project health is (4 * 5/6 + 5 * 5/6 + 6 * 1/6) / (4 + 5 + 6), or 56.7%. Because 1/3 <= 56.7% < 2/3, the health indicator for this project is yellow.