What's New in PPM 9.40
This section provides an overview of the features that were introduced or enhanced in PPM 9.40.
Program Management Updates
Upon the creation of a program, it is associated with a program type where the program settings are inherited. Using program types, PMOs can govern the program template for different types of programs to ensure the organization applies standardized format to execute programs. Program types also simplifies the mass update of program settings.
For details, see Creating and Configuring Program Types.
Request type and workflow
PPM introduced three out-of-the-box entities for Program Management: Program Details (request type), PFM Program (field group), and Program Process (workflow). With these entities, you can customize more information on the program level and control the program lifecycle using the request workflow.
For details, see Configuring Program Management Request Types and Workflows.
Program health tracking
When tracking program health is enabled for a program, PPM calculates the program health based on program issues, risks, and scope changes.
For details, see Program Health Policy.
The Timeline tab of Program Overview page enables you to view, add, edit, and monitor program milestones.
For details, see Program Timeline.
Summarized program header
Program header facilitates you to view program-related information such as:
- Program status and progress
- Program health
- Program budget and actual cost
User Management Console
User Management Console enables you to search, view, edit, and add users from PPM Web pages, saving you the effort to navigate to the PPM Workbench.
For details, see Defining PPM Users.
PPM-AGM Integration Updates
PPM 9.40 uses Agile Manager Connector 2 for the integration between PPM and Agile Manager. Agile Manager Connector 2 helps obtain more accurate information from agile projects and provide more flexibilities in synchronization control, such as:
- You can map a PPM task with a new Agile Manager release.
- You can select a specific sprint of a release to synchronize.
- PPM time sheet line cells are filled with daily total effort of all returned tasks in a release, instead of the average of total efforts of all returned tasks in a release.
For details, see Integrations with Agile Manager .
Resource Management Enhancements
- You can choose to commit assigned resource, that is, when a resource is assigned, the resource status becomes committed automatically. For details, see Making Assignments.
- You can distribute demand to the selected resources evenly. For details, see Making Assignments.
- You can view resource pool assignable resources when forwarding resource requests. For details, see Rejecting and Forwarding Demand.
- You can hide staffing profile user data field names in Staffing Profile New UI. For details, see Hiding Staffing Profile User Data Field Name.
- You can view resource remaining capacity in Staffing Profile New UI and Resource Allocation Management Gantt view. For details, see Gantt View of Resource Allocation Management Page.
You can filter positions by unmet demand and over-allocation in Staffing Profile New UI. For details, see Filtering Positions in the New UI.
- You can view horizontal totals (Forecast Total and Unmet Total) and vertical totals (Total Hours, Average FTE, or Person Days, depending on display view) in Staffing Profile New UI. For details, see New UI.
Project Management Enhancements
The following options are added in the Staffing tab of Project Overview page to facilitate the use of staffing profile in this tab:
- Change Header or View Header button, depending on your access grant.
- More button, which enables you to configure access, configure notifications, delete staffing profile, and view staffing profile audit trail.
- Export to Excel icon.
For details, see Managing Project Resources.
- You can track user sessions using the table PPM_LOGON_SESSIONS. For details, see Tracking User Sessions in PPM Using Database Table.
- PPM workbench communicates with PPM Server using HTTPS instead of RMIS by default. For details, see Configuring the PPM Workbench to Run as a Java Applet.
- You can specify the duration you can stay idle in the Request Details page, Project Details page, and Edit Time Sheet page. For details, see Setting Idle Time for Request Details Page, Setting Idle Time for Edit Time Sheet Page, and Setting Idle Time for Edit Time Sheet Page.
Support for OpenJDK 8
- For Windows platform, only Azul Zulu (a certified build of OpenJDK 8 ) is supported.
- For Linux platform, only OpenJDK 8 built into Linux distributions is supported.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Mozilla Firefox support is extended to 45.0 ESR
- Google Chrome support is extended to 47
- Remove support of Internet Explorer 10