Managing Program Contents
Decide what to include in a program.
Adding Contents to a Program
- Go to the Overview tab of the Program Overview page.
In the Content section, click Add.
In the Add New Program Content window, do one of the following:
What entities are available for selection?
Add by name.
- In the Add Specific Items section, click the icon next to the text box of the lifecycle entity you want to search.
Select the entities by name and click OK.
- The entities you selected appear in the text box. Click Add to add these entities to the program.
Add by criteria.
- In the Search For Program Content To Add section, specify the search criteria.
- Click Search.
- Select the entities to add to the program, and click Add.
If the program has Portfolio Management enabled, the lifecycle entities available for selection are those that do not belong to a portfolio or another program that has Portfolio Management enabled.
If the program does not have Portfolio Management enabled, all lifecyle entities are listed.
If a lifecycle entity is added to a portfolio or to a program that has Portfolio Management enabled but the portfolio or program is not saved, then that lifecycle entity is still available for selection and will continue to be until the portfolio or program is saved.
Lifecycle entities added to the program are saved automatically.
Removing Program Contents
Select one or more lifecycle entities (use Shift + Click or Ctrl + Click to select more than one entity).
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog.
To view closed content that is part of the program (closed content has a status of closed, completed, or cancelled), select the Include Closed checkbox. By default, closed content is not displayed in the Content section.
When you view a proposal, project, or asset that is added in a program, the Associated Programs field lists the programs to which the entity is associated. The programs displayed are the programs to which you have View Programs.
Grouping and Ungrouping Program Contents
You can organize the rows by grouping them under headings that match the various values in any particular column.
- Hover your mouse over the column heading that you want to use to group program contents.
- Click the triangle in the column heading, and click Group by <column name>.
After the groupings are established, an additional Ungroup option appears when you click the triangle in any column. Clicking Ungroup removes the grouping.
Adding and Removing Columns for Program Contents
You can add columns to and remove columns from the Content section of the Program Overview page.
- Right-click the column heading row.
To add a column, select the column name.
To remove a column, deselect the column name.