Excel Reports Overview
To get an Excel report, you only need to mix some data with an Excel template.
The data can come from different sources:
- Fields filled in by the user when submitting the report with the Create Report menu in the PPM user interface
- Meta-data of the user that created the report, such as user name, full name, security groups, that is automatically passed to the report
- Results generated by custom Java code (Java Preprocessor)
- Data retrieved from a SQL query written directly in the template
- Data retrieved from a PPM Dashboard Datasource directly in the template