Run Mobile App Tests
Sprinter's integration with Micro Focus Mobile Center lets you run your mobile app tests on a variety of devices.
You create your mobile test in Plan mode. For details, see Create a Test for Mobile Apps .
Make sure you have access to a Mobile Center sever.
Upon startup, Sprinter prompts you to connect with ALM, Octane, Mobile Center, or a UFT license. For details, see Logging in to Sprinter.
- If you connect via Mobile Center, enter the server details and credentials in the Mobile Center log in area.
- If you log in with Octane or a UFT license, provide the Mobile Center credentials after Sprinter opens, in the Settings Dialog Box.
If you log in with ALM, then:
- If the ALM project has the Mobile Center extension enabled, Sprinter automatically retrieves the Mobile Center server credentials from the project. You will not be able to modify them in Sprinter.
- If the ALM project does not have the Mobile Center extension enabled, Sprinter will not retrieve the credentials from the ALM Site Administration. In this case, provide the Mobile Center credentials using the Settings dialog box:
Click Settings .
If the Mobile Center server was installed with secure access (https), you will need to select Use SSL. If you did not enable this option, and the Test Connection failed, try selecting this option. When working with Mobile Center through SSL, client machines must have an SSL certificate installed in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities category.
- If your connection to Mobile Center is through a proxy server, click Proxy Settings to provide its details.
To run a manual mobile test:
- In Run mode, enable Power Mode and open your test.
- Click on the Application Settings button for Power mode.
In the Applications tab, select a mobile app from the drop down list or click Add to add a new one. The Add Application dialog box opens. Click the Mobile App icon . (If you logged in via Mobile Center, only the Mobile App button will be shown.)
- Enter a name for the application.
To test a native app, system app, or the home screen, click Select App. The Mobile Center wizard opens. Follow the three wizard screens to select a device, app, and test options. For details, see the Mobile Center wizard.
Note: If you selected the packaged version of an application for recording, you need to select the packaged version for replay.
- To test a web application, click Select Browserfrom the Select App drop-down. The Mobile Center wizard opens. Follow the three wizard screens to select a device, browser, and device metrics. For details, see Mobile Center wizard.
- Click Save and Close at the top right corner of the wizard window.
- If you are working with SAPUI5 technology in mobile applications, select SAPUI5 technology. Sprinter will launch the application with the SAP UFT agent in order to record all controls.
- Click Save App Settings in the Application tab.
- In the main window, open a test for execution and click the Run button. The Mobile remote view window opens with the Control Panel.
- Interact with your device and enter simulations. For information, see Create a Test for Mobile Apps .
End your test run, and proceed as you would with any other test.
To run a mobile test from ALM:
- Make sure you have enabled the MC extension in ALM. For details, see Logging in to Sprinter.
- Click on the Mobile Center icon in ALM's Execution Grid or Test Instance Details dialog box. The Mobile Center dialog box opens.
- In the Mobile Center dialog box, select a test type, Mobile or Web, and click Open Wizard. Follow the wizard screens to select a device, app or browser, and device metrics. For details, see Mobile Center wizard.
- Save your choices and run the test.
When you run a test, Sprinter creates an Application entry for the app used by your test, for each test instance.