Create a Test for Mobile Apps
Sprinter's integration with Micro Focus Mobile Center lets you create manual tests on mobile devices running mobile apps.
To allow the integration between Mobile Center and Sprinter, make sue you have access to a Mobile Center server. For details, see the Mobile Center Help Center.
Upon startup, Sprinter prompts you to connect with ALM, a UFT license, or Mobile Center.
If you connect via Mobile Center, enter the server details and credentials.
If you connect with ALM, Octane, or a UFT license, then after you login, you enter the Mobile Center credentials through the Settings dialog box:
Click Settings .
- In the Mobile pane, enter the address of your Mobile Lab server and the credentials.
If the Mobile Center server was installed with secure access (https), you will need to select Use SSL. If you did not enable this option, and the Test Connection failed, try selecting this option.
You create your mobile test from Plan mode.
- In Plan mode, create or open a test. Select Steps Capture > Application Settings. The Select Application dialog box opens.
- In the Applications tab, select a mobile app from the existing apps (indicated by the Mobile icon , or click Add to add a new one. The Add Application dialog box opens.
When adding a new app, click the Mobile App icon . (If you logged in via Mobile Center, only the Mobile App icon will be shown.)
- Enter a name for the application.
To test a native app, system app, or the home screen, click Select App. The Mobile Center wizard opens. Follow the three wizard screens to select a device, app, and test options. For details, see Mobile Center wizard.
- To test a web application, click Select Browserfrom the Select App drop-down. The Mobile Center wizard opens. Follow the three wizard screens to select a device, browser, and device metrics. For details, see Mobile Center wizard.
- Click Save and Close at the top right corner of the wizard window.
(Optional) Select SAPUI5 technology if you are working with SAPUI5 technology in mobile applications. Sprinter will launch the application with the SAP UFT agent in order to record all of the controls.
- Click Save App Settings in the Add Application dialog box and Close in the Select Application dialog box.
Select Steps Capture > Capture Steps. The Mobile Center remote view opens.
Tip: The actions are captured in the step. Create a new step for each group of actions using the New Step button in the Captured Steps sidebar.
- After the remote view loads and installs the apps, begin performing actions on your device. Interact with your device and enter simulations. For information, see Control Panel.
Use the Capture Sidebar to save snapshots for your step.
Note: The snapshot shows the image before the execution of the action.
- End your capture session and proceed as you would with any other test. For details, see Author a Test or Component.