Use a Virtual Table Server
StormRunner Load supports Virtual Table Server (VTS). VuGen and TruClient scripts uploaded to StormRunner Load can fetch data from a VTS server, in the same way they would in LoadRunner and Performance Center.
What is VTS?
- VTS (Virtual Table Server) is a web-based application that works with Vuser scripts. VTS offers an alternative to standard VuGen parameterization.
- When you use standard parameterization, each Vuser is assigned parameter values from a dedicated set of values - parameter values are not shared between Vusers. In contrast, VTS enables you to assign parameter values from a single set of parameter values to multiple Vusers. This may enable you to more accurately emulate a real-user environment.
- VTS includes a table that contains parameter values that can be used by your Vuser scripts. The VTS table is composed of columns and rows. Each column represents a set of values that can be used by a specific parameter in your Vuser scripts. The cells within a column contain the actual values of the parameter.
You can download and install VTS on your own, or you can purchase it as an SRL add-on.
Note: You must ensure that the VTS server can be accessed by the load generators running the scripts.
Download and install VTS
To download and install VTS on your own, go to the Virtual Table Server page in the Micro Focus AppDelivery Marketplace.
Purchase VTS as an SRL add-on
When you purchase VTS as an SRL add-on, we deploy a VTS server in our SRL infrastructure or in an AWS location. For details, contact your account manager or sales representative.
Working with VTS
- For details on how to use VTS functionality in TruClient Vuser scripts, see the TruClient Help Center (select the relevant version).
- For details on how to use VTS functionality in LoadRunner Vuser scripts, see the LoadRunner Help Center (select the relevant version).