How to migrate virtualization projects
You can migrate virtualization projects and archived projects located in ALM or in the file system.
- Migration is supported for projects created with version 4.00 or higher.
- If migration fails, the entities are not modified. You can fix the problem, and run the Resource Manager migration tool again.
- To migrate projects or files stored in an ALM version-control enabled project, the ALM resources must be checked in. Resource Manager checks out the resources, and checks them back in after migration.
Do one of the following:
- On the Service Virtualization Server, open a command prompt. Navigate to the \bin folder under the Service Virtualization Server installation folder. By default, the folder location is C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Service Virtualization Server\Server\bin.
- On the Service Virtualization Designer machine, open a command prompt. Navigate to the \bin folder under the Service Virtualization Designer installation folder. By default, the folder location is C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Service Virtualization Designer\Designer\bin.
ResourceManager.exe -migrateusing the Command line options. The migration process generates a log file, which indicates the success or failure status of each entity. The file is located in the Service Virtualization Server or Designer log folder, accessible from the Windows Start menu.
Tip: You can also open the Designer log directly from Service Virtualization by selecting Open Designer Log from the Help menu.
To perform a migration on Linux, run
sv-ResourceManager -migrate using the Command line options.
The migration process generates a log file which indicates the success or failure status of each entity. The file is located in the $HOME/.cache/sv-server/logs folder, for example /root/.cache/sv-server/logs.
Note: When working in Linux, you need to use an escape backslash in the path names. For example, "Resources\\My Project".
Use these options when running the migration script:
Note: If an argument contains spaces, it must be enclosed in quotation marks. For example,
Source path. The path to the project file (.vproj) or project archive file (.vproja).
ALM connection options
ALM URL. The URL of the ALM server on which the files are located, in the following format: <ALM server IP or hostname>:<port number>/qcbin. The path must contain /qcbin at the end.
|/d [ALM domain]||ALM domain. The ALM domain name in which the files are located.|
|/p [ALM project]||
ALM project. The ALM project name in which the files are located.
|/u [ALM user]||ALM user. The ALM user for the ALM connection.|
|/pw [ALM user password]||ALM user password. The password for the ALM user. The password is case-sensitive.|
|/c [Check- in comment]||
Check-in comment. When migration is performed in a version-control enabled ALM project, a default check-in comment is added, indicating that the resource was modified by the Service Virtualization migration tool.
Use this option to override the default comment and enter your own comment.
ResourceManager.exe -migrate /f Resources\MyVirtualProject /s http://MyALMServer:8080/qcbin /d Default /p MyProject /u myalmusername /pw mypwd
sv-ResourceManager -migrate /f Resources\\MyVirtualProject /s http://MyALMServer:8080/qcbin /d Default /p MyProject /u myalmusername /pw mypwd
This command migrates projects and services located on the ALM Server http://MyALMServer:8080/qcbin, in the domain Default, in the project MyProject, in the Resources module under the folder MyVirtualProject.