Configure the File System/File System FTP Agents
Supported for: Windows
This task describes how to configure the File System agent and the File System FTP agent. The File System agents are used to virtualize communication of services that are communicating over the file system or FTP.
For each service you want to virtualize, you need to create four File System agent configurations:
- Input - the location in which the service checks for new or modified files (the requests). Create one agent configuration for the real service, and one for the virtual service.
- Output - the location to which the service writes (the responses). Create one agent configuration for the real service, and one for the virtual service.
To configure the File System/File System FTP agent:
From the main Service Virtualization menu, select Tools > Options. On the Agents Page, select File System or File System FTP. For user interface details, see the File System Agent Settings.
After you create the agent configurations, you can use them in a virtual service. The following Service Virtualization protocols can work with the File System agents:
- Binary messages over file system
- CSV messages over file system
- Text-delimited messages over file system
- XML messages over file system
For details on creating a virtual service that uses one of these protocols, see Create New Virtual Service Wizard.