Virtualize Network Conditions
This task describes how to define a virtual network environment for your virtual services to use.
Note: To learn more about virtualizing network conditions, see Network Virtualization Integration.
For details on Service Virtualization early access features, see Early Access Features.
The NV Agent and the NV Location Editor must be installed on the Service Virtualization Server machine.
For information on supported versions, refer to the support matrix on the HPE Software Support site at: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/support-matrices.
Configure the Service Virtualization Server to connect to Network Virtualization.
Navigate to the
HP.SV.StandaloneServer.exe.configfile, located on the Service Virtualization Server machine in the server installation folder. By default, C:\Program Files\HPE\HPE Service Virtualization Server\Server\bin.
Configure the properties in the following sections according to your Network Virtualization system definitions:
Shunra Network Virtualization - NV Agent (Engine).
Edit the Host, Port, Protocol, UserName, and Password properties. The parameters enable the Service Virtualization Server to access the Network Virtualization engine.
Shunra Network Virtualization - Location Editor
Edit the Host, Port, Protocol, UserName, and Password properties. These connection properties enable the Service Virtualization Designer to browse the Network Virtualization Location Editor Web Site.
Define a set of network characteristics to use with your virtual services.
- From the main menu, select Tools > Options and click the Network Virtualization page.
Click Add. The Network Virtualization interface for setting virtualization options opens.
Select one of the following:
- Import from library. Import an existing location.
- Custom. Define network settings manually.
- Advanced. Select a predefined
.ntxxemulation file that was created in the Network Virtualization Network Editor and saved in the file system.
- Copy an existing model. Select an existing network model and click Duplicate. A copy is made of the model you selected. You can edit the settings and save it as a new network model.
Select a network model for an HTTP agent configuration. The network model is then used by all virtual services that use the agent configuration.
- From the main menu, select Tools > Options and click the Agents page.
- Select an existing HTTP agent configuration, or define a new one.
In the right pane, click the Network Virtualization tab.
- Select a network model for the agent to use.
- To configure network models, click Manage Network Models.
To modify existing network models:
From the main menu, select Tools > Options and click the Network Virtualization page.
For each network model, the right pane displays the Service Virtualization agents that are using the model. You can attach or detach an agent from the selected network model.
Click an agent name link to view details on the agent.