Simulation Report Scenario 1
Why didn't the client request match any rules in my data model?
1. Your client application is complaining about the response data
Service Virtualization returned the default response:
2. Enable the Simulation Report early access feature
From the main menu, select Tools > Options.
3. In your virtual service, enable Message Logging and Simulation Report
In the Virtual Service Editor, expand Service Configuration, and enable the options
4. Generate a simulation report
Send the request again. Messages are logged and the simulation report is generated.
Click Logged Messages to open the message viewer
5. Review the logged messages
The first operation called was memberSearch. It returned the default response. We want to fix this.
Click to enlarge the image.
6. Open the simulation report
At the bottom of the message viewer, click Open Simulation Report
7. The simulation report indicates that the Learned Rule did not match any data during simulation
8. Let's look at the first step of Cycle 1
Click inside the step to get more details
9. Inside the Learned Data rule
The Is condition is mistakenly defined for memberSearchResponse
10. Let's fix it in the Data Model
Navigate to the Learned Data rule and select the memberSearch operation.
11. Let's try sending the request again
The client is now working correctly.