Service Virtualization management
Service Virtualization Management enables you to view and control services from multiple Service Virtualization projects and servers in one location, without opening the projects.
Service Virtualization Management Benefits
Using Service Virtualization Management enables, you can:
- View a summary of all service activity on a server
- Start and stop simulations
- Undeploy services
- Deploy additional virtualization projects and services located in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) or in the file system.
- View server health and utilization statistics.
After you create and configure virtual services in the Service Virtualization Designer, the services can be deployed on any Service Virtualization Server. Service Virtualization Management provides a convenient method for allowing others to access and manage virtual services deployed on any Service Virtualization Server. For example, anyone performing testing can work with the virtual services from a browser window, with no additional installation or configuration.
In addition, Service Virtualization Management enables you to consume virtual services that are stored in a network location. You can download virtual services to your Service Virtualization Server, without the need to install the Service Virtualization Designer.
When you are working with a secured Service Virtualization Server, the actions available to you and the information displayed vary, based on your user access permissions. For example, a user who is not assigned to any of the Service Virtualization user groups cannot view any agent data or any services deployed on the server. For details on the Service Virtualization user groups. For details, see the
Service Virtualization Installation Guide.
- The Service Virtualization service, Server, and Management versions must match. If the service/project was created in an earlier version, open it in the Designer to upgrade the project to the new version.