Manage Virtualization Projects
This task describes how to create and manage virtualization projects.
Note: To learn more about Service Virtualization projects, see Virtualization Projects.
Create a new project
Select one of the following:
- Select a task from the Get Started page. These tasks first create a new virtualization project and then a new virtual service. For user interface details, see Welcome page.
- Create a new virtualization project. From the main menu, select File > New > Virtualization Project. For user interface details, see Summary of Virtualization Project Dialog Box.
Add projects to an existing solution
You can add new or existing projects to a solution.
- From the main menu, select View > Projects to display the Projects pane.
Right-click the solution name and select one of the following:
- Add > New Virtualization Project
- Add > Existing Project
Open a project
To open a project, select one of the following:
On the Start Page, under Recent Projects, select a project.
Tip: Hover over a project name to see the full path to the saved project.
From the main menu, select File > Open Project/Solution. By default, projects are stored in the following location in the file system: <Your Documents folder>\Service Virtualization\Projects.
Change the default project location
From the main menu, select Tools > Options > General tab. Then select Projects and Solutions.
Close a project
From the main menu, select File > Close Project/Solution.
View server information
In the Virtualization Explorer, expand a project. The server is displayed as the last item in the tree. Click the server to display its details in the lower pane.
Move virtual services to a different server
The virtual services in your project are deployed on the Service Virtualization server specified for the project.
To change the server:
- In the Virtualization Explorer, expand a project.
Right-click the server and select Change Server.
Alternatively, from the main menu, select Project > Change Server.
For user interface details, see Change Server Dialog Box.
Export a project
Save your project as an archive file in the file system. From the main menu, select File > Export Project. The file is saved with the default file extension
You can encrypt your projects using a password you define.
- From the main menu, select Tools > Options.
On the General page, click Projects and Solutions and enter a project encryption password.
For more details on encryption, see Password Encryption.