Service Virtualization Designer is installed with a 30-day trial license. After the evaluation period, the Designer will no longer work, but your data is preserved. To continue working with Designer after the evaluation period, you must install a valid license.
Designer Express is a free, but limited version of Designer. For details, see Designer Express below.
You can obtain licenses through the Software Licensing and Downloads Portal.
In addition, if you want to later install Service Virtualization on a different machine, you need to migrate your license. For more information, visit the Licensing Portal.
Note: You do not need a license for the Designer Express edition. For details on Service Virtualization editions, see Editions.
- From the Help menu, select License Management.
Select a license type. For details, see Selecting a license type.
Install the license. For details, see Service Virtualization Designer license types.
Concurrent (floating) licenses can be shared dynamically between multiple users using the AutoPass License Server. AutoPass License Server is included in the Service Virtualization installation package.
You install concurrent licenses on the license server. When the Designer or Server is started, the application takes a license from the license server, and returns it when the application is closed.
Define the license server in License Management.
Note: Lock the concurrent license using the Lock Code and not the IP address.
Designer Express is a free, non-expiring version of Designer that enables you to use Designer with the following functionality:
- Simulation of a maximum of 3 virtual services concurrently.
- Virtual services authoring of up to a maximum of 3 data and 3 performance models.
- Throughput limited to 10 TPS.
- You cannot apply a patch on Designer Express.
- The possibility of connecting an SV Designer to a standalone SV Server for authoring and simulation. Limits are derived from the SV Server license configuration.
- You can upgrade the functionality of an installed version of Designer Express by installing a standard Designer license.