View message data
You can log request and response data generated during learning, simulation, and standby modes.
About message logs
Message logs enable you to:
- Review the messages more closely to troubleshoot problems you may have.
- Check the responses generated for specific requests.
- Save and share logged messages with other users.
- Examine protocol data that is not stored elsewhere.
View logged messages
This section describes how to view and work with logged messages.
To view logged messages:
- Prerequisite: Enable message logging for your virtual service. For details, see Manage services with SVM.
- In the Services tab, click the service name to show the service details.
Click Show Service Logs. The message log opens in a new tab.
- Filter or search the messages using a keyword. You can filter messages by date, client address, status code, and message type (request/response).
- In the search results, use the right-click menu to delete a message or open a simulation report.
To export messages in bulk:
- In the message log, select the messages you want to export.
- Right-click and select Export Messages.
- In the Save to dialog box, select the location to save the messages. A .zip file is saved to that location containing individual files for each request and response. Each file includes both header and payload.