Enable the Micro Focus UFT Agent extension on Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
UFT One communicates with the Micro Focus UFT Agent Chromium Edge Extension to test Web applications running in Microsoft Chromium Edge. This topic describes how to install and enable the extension in your Chromium Edge browser.
Note: If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, this is the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, which replaced the HTML-based Microsoft Edge Legacy. For the most up-to-date list of supported versions of Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, see the UFT One Support Matrix.
Your browser policy must allow you to install browser extensions. Otherwise, see Extension installation.
Automatic agent installation
If you have an active Internet connection, the Micro Focus UFT Agent is automatically downloaded and installed the first time you open Chromium Edge after installing UFT One.
Manually install the agent
If you do not have an active Internet connection, manually install the Micro Focus UFT Agent extension on Chromium Edge:
- In Microsoft Chromium Edge, select Tools > Extensions to open the edge://extensions page.
- In the Extensions page, select the Developer mode option. Additional options are displayed after you select this option.
- Click the Load unpacked button.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog, browse to and select the <UFT One installation folder>\Installations\Edge\Extension folder.
- The Micro Focus UFT Agent is now displayed in the Edge extensions list.
By default, the ability to run extensions on local HTML files is disabled in Microsoft Chromium Edge. Do the following to allow the Micro Focus UFT Agent to run on local HTML files:
In Microsoft Chromium Edge, browse to the following URL: edge://extensions
Locate the Micro Focus UFT Agent for Microsoft Chromium Edge.
Click Details to view the detailed information about the extension.
Select Allow access to file URLs. Your selection is automatically saved.