|Save still image captures to results
Instructs UFT One when to capture images of the application during the run session and save them in the run results. When images are available in the run results, UFT One displays them in the step summary information in the run results.
- Always. Captures images for all steps in the run.
- For errors. Captures images only for failed steps. This is the default setting.
- For errors and warnings. Captures images only for steps that return a failed or warning status.
Note: This setting also affects the availability of other information displayed in the run results, such as:
- XML checkpoint and output value result details
- Bitmap checkpoint images (expected, actual, and, if relevant, difference)
For mobile tests, save as GIF. Instructs UFT One to capture animated GIF files for the specified steps, rather than still images. This option is supported as follows:
- Requires using Digital Lab (UFT Mobile) versions 3.4 or later.
- Not supported for mobile devices stored on AWS Device Farms.
In the following cases, UFT One captures a still image of the entire desktop, to assist in analyzing the error:
- A general error occurs when running the test.
- You configured capturing GIFs from Digital Lab (UFT Mobile) for errors or warnings only, and the error occurred in UFT One. For example, the step's object was no longer in the object repository.
Screen captures are captured for each step after the relevant test object is identified.
Depending on the technology of the application being tested, the snapshot is taken before or after the operation is performed on the object:
- Before: AI-based testing, and the following application types: .NET, ActiveX, Flex, Java, MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility), Oracle, PowerBuilder, SAP Fiori, Standard Windows, Terminal Emulators, UIA, Visual Basic,
- After: Insight testing, and the following application types: Delphi, DevExpress, PDF, QT, SAP (all but Fiori), SiebelOpenUI, Silverlight, Stingray, Digital Lab (UFT Mobile), VisualAge, Web.
|Save movie to results
Instructs UFT One when to capture a movie of the application during the run session and save it in the run results. When movies are available in the run results, UFT One displays a link to open and play the movie.
This option is disabled by default.
Select the check box to enable this option and then select an option from the list:
- Always. Captures a movie of all steps in the run.
- For errors. Captures movies only for failed steps.
- For errors and warnings. Captures movies only for steps that return a failed or warning status.
- Recording only on primary monitor: The Screen Recorder records a movie of the operations performed on your primary monitor. Therefore, if you are working with multiple monitors, make sure that your application is fully visible on your primary monitor when recording or running a test or component.
- Recording entire desktop. The Screen Recorder saves a movie of your entire desktop. You can prevent the UFT One window from partially obscuring your application while capturing the movie by minimizing UFT One during the run session.