What's New in UFT 12.53
This version of UFT One supports enhanced functionality for both native and hybrid mobile apps. Now, you can:
- Configure devices and applications for your tests directly from the new Mobile Center wizard.
- Test non-packaged apps. This means you no longer need to package apps to upload them to Mobile Center.
Test mobile web apps using the device's native browser - Safari for iOS devices, and Chrome for Android devices.
- And more...
For details, see the UFT Mobile Help.
UFT One now provides new Docker activities which enable you to perform remote actions on your containerized Docker applications.
Use these new activities to:
- Download an image of the Docker container that contains your application
- Run an image containing the application
- Stop the container currently running the test
Users can also test the application from the Docker container using standard UFT One activities.
Now you can use UFT One to test your OData REST services.
- Import the OData service as a REST service. You can import a service from a file or from a URL.
- Construct a test using the service's resources and methods.
UFT runs the test just the same as any other REST service test.
For details, see Import a REST service model.
Configure Chrome Emulator devices
Now you can configure and add devices for your Chrome Emulator by manually editing the Chrome emulator configuration XML.
For details, see the UFT Mobile Help.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) can help you access the infrastructure required to run enterprise projects without major investment and maintenance.
Now you can use AWS to access a system that contains the latest version of UFT One pre-installed on multiple combinations of operation systems and browsers. Doing this also enables you to pay per use of UFT One as needed.
See here to get started with UFT One on Amazon.
Now you can use UFT One to test applications containing Chrome embedded controls, including Java CEF and Adobe CEP.
For details, see Embedded frameworks / headless browsers. These details apply to both Java CEF and Adobe CEP.
Now you can use the BPT Test Combinations Generator to create synthetic data for your test runs instead of creating all possible parameter values manually.
In the Test Combinations Generator, select a parameter to automatically generate its values. Then select the parameter type and format.
UFT One uses built-in dictionaries to automatically populate the list of possible values with the generated data.
For details, see Generate data to drive your test.
UFT One's UI Automation support enables UFT One to recognize objects in any application that has implemented the Microsoft Windows UI Automation Framework.
This is especially helpful when UFT One's current technology support is not sufficient for your testing needs.
In UFT One 12.53, we added the support for:
- Switching between regular Spy and Learn modes while spying and learning objects instead of selecting a mode beforehand
- Setting the default Spy and Learn mode to UI Automation.
- Enhancing your tests using new UI Automation test object methods, native methods, and object description properties.
For details, see Use UFT One UI Automation support and the UI Automation section of the UFT One Object Model Reference for GUI Testing.
Web Accessibility toolkit updates
UFT One supports the Web Accessibility toolkit to recognize objects that use the HTML role property. The Web Accessibility toolkit is used to create digital content that is accessible to people with disabilities.
In UFT One 12.53, we added Web Accessibility toolkit support for:
- All Web 2.0 toolkits
- Web-based add-ins
- Testing Mobile browsers
- Testing the Chrome emulator
Additionally, we've added new test object methods and properties so you can give greater depth to your tests.
For more details, see Object recognition with the Web Accessibility toolkit.
JSON Swagger description added to the Demo application
The demo application now contains a Swagger REST API that you can use to practice importing a REST service.
Use this demo app to perform the UFT One tutorial.
Text recognition updates
Now you can:
- Toggle between text recognition settings to provide better test performance or better text recognition accuracy.
- Load configuration settings for the Tesseract OCR text recognition engine from an externally defined file.
For details, see Text Recognition Pane (Options Dialog Box > GUI Testing Tab).
This version of UFT One includes the following new supported technologies and frameworks:
- Updated support for the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome, as defined in the Unified Functional Testing Product Availability Matrix.
Support for recording on Microsoft Edge. For details, see Recording.
- Angular JS 1.2/1.4
- AutoPass License Server version 9.1
DevExpress WPF (via the UI Automation Add-in)
Hummingbird 14 Terminal Emulator
Infragistics WPF and WinForms (via the UI Automation Add-in)
Microfocus WebToHost 6.70 Terminal Emulator
Microfocus WebToHost 6.80 Terminal Emulator
MS Dynamix AX 2012 (via the UI Automation Add-in)
- NWBC 5.0/6.0
QT5 QTQuick (via the UI Automation Add-in)
- QT 5.3 widgets compiled by Visual Studio
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Concur
- SAP FieldGlass
- SAP GUI 7.40