Test mobile apps
Use UFT Developer to create and run tests on mobile applications.
UFT Developer integrates with Digital Lab (UFT Mobile), enabling you to access its mobile devices and the applications on those devices to create and run tests.
UFT Mobile was rebranded to Digital Lab in version 2023. This UFT Developer Help Center uses both names, "Digital Lab (UFT Mobile)", for the sake of UFT Developer users using versions 2022 and earlier.
UFT Developer version 2023 supports working with UFT Digital Lab (off-cloud Digital Lab).
UFT Developer version 23.4 and later supports working with ValueEdge Digital Lab as well.
Using UFT Developer with Digital Lab (UFT Mobile) provides an end-to-end solution for automating mobile applications and integrating test automation into continuous testing processes.
This integration grants you full access to Digital Lab (UFT Mobile) devices and applications. When you design tests, these devices and applications are available directly from your IDE. These same devices are used in your test runs.
UFT Developer provides comprehensive Mobile APIs that you can use to automate any flow in your mobile application, whether it is native, hybrid or mobile Web application.
Use the following UFT Developer tools for automating mobile applications:
- Use the Object Identification Center to easily create robust identifications for your mobile apps and validate them.
- Model your mobile application objects in Application models, which can be reused for testing against different devices, reducing your test creation and maintenance efforts.
- Analyze run results using the UFT Developer run report. The report includes useful information for understanding the execution flow, analyzing errors, as well as specific information on the device running the test.
Platform and application support
Using UFT Developer for mobile application testing is supported for the following applications and platforms:
- Native apps , hybrid apps, and Web apps, which run on iOS and Android devices. You can create, record, and run tests for both packaged and non-packaged applications. For details, see App packaging.
- Create and execute tests on Windows, Linux, and Mac environments.
UFT Developer SDKs include comprehensive mobile testing APIs. These APIs are specific to mobile application testing, for example, the SDK includes APIs for gestures like swipe and touch. In addition, the SDK includes APIs that enable you to integrate Network Virtualization and Service Virtualization into your mobile tests. For details, see: