Uninstall UFT Mobile (on-premises)
Follow the instructions below to uninstall the UFT Mobile server from Linux and Windows machines. This section is relevant only for on-premises deployments of UFT Mobile.
Uninstall from Linux
You remove a Linux server installation by running the uninstall script on your UFT Mobile server:
Log into the UFT Mobile server machine as root user.
- Change directory to the installation directory:
cd <path to installation folder>(Default /opt/UFTMobile)
- Run the uninstall script by entering the following command:
- Press Enter to confirm you want to uninstall UFT Mobile.
- Confirm whether to remove the Linux user account used when installing UFT Mobile.
- Enter y to uninstall the PostgreSQL database and to delete the application file storage directory.
- If you uninstall UFT Mobile without uninstalling the PostgreSQL database, the encrypted.properties file will be backed up to /var/.hpmc-config so that you can re-use the hp4m schema in future with an external database.
Uninstall from Windows
Remove the UFT Mobile server from your machine in one of the following ways:
- Double click the shortcut on the desktop and select Uninstall UFT Mobile Server.
Alternatively, uninstall from the Apps page in Settings, or from the Programs and Features control panel.
- Select Yes to uninstall the PostgreSQL database and to delete the application file storage directory.
- If you uninstall UFT Mobile without uninstalling the PostgreSQL database, the encrypted.properties file will be backed up to C:\Program Files\.hpmc-config so that you can re-use the hp4m schema in future with an external database.
Troubleshooting and tips
Uninstall logs can be found in the following location:
<path to server installation folder>\installation\Logs
C:\Program Files\UFT Mobile Server\installation\Logs)
<path to server installation folder>/installation/Logs
When the UFT Mobile server machine is configured to work with WiFi, the Linux uninstall process may fail. This is due to its attempt to remove wpa_supplicant. The error will indicate this dependency:
libcrypto.so.1.0.0()(64bit) is needed by (installed) wpa_supplicant-1.0-3pclos2012.x86_64