Reconfigure the UFT Mobile server (on-premises)
If your server details change, you can run the UFT Mobile update tool to change the configuration of your server. This section is relevant only for on-premises deployments of UFT Mobile.
Server details that can be reconfigured include:
- IP address or FQDN (Fully qualified domain name)
- Changing the connection to the server from non-secure to secure (SSL) or vice versa.
- Enabling shared spares. Important: This feature requires an Enterprise or Ultimate license. Disabling shared spaces is not supported and requires a clean installation.
- Users who installed the standalone connector with the previous server port information need to reconfigure their connectors to use the new UFT Mobile server details. For details, see Install the connector on a Windows machine, Install the connector on a Linux machine or Install the connector on a Mac machine.
- Testing tool users will also need to reconfigure their connection to UFT Mobile.
To change the configuration of a UFT Mobile Linux server:
- Log in to UFT Mobile server machine as root or as a user in the sudoers file.
- Navigate to your server installation directory (Default
- Run the following command:
- When prompted, specify the new details for the UFT Mobile server.
- The script's final screen prompts you to restart the service so that the changes can take effect.
To change the configuration of a UFT Mobile Windows server:
- On the server machine, select Start > UFT Mobile Server > Modify configuration. The configuration wizard opens.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard and modify the desired settings.
When running, the wizard stops the server's service. The wizard's final screen prompts you to start the service again.