The ACCESS KEYS page lets administrators create and manage access keys for use with UFT Mobile.
Access keys are used to connect devices to or to execute tests in the UFT Mobile lab. The access keys consist of a Client ID and secret. Users enter the connector key when installing a connector. An execution key can be used to connect to UFT Mobile from a testing tool, as an alternative to using a username and password for authentication of the connection. When SAML SSO integration is enabled, an execution token is mandatory to connect to UFT Mobile from a testing tool.
To view the access keys that are in use:
Click the Administration menu in the right of the masthead, and click the ACCESS KEYS tab.
The Access Keys grid shows the following columns:
- Name and Description. The name and description that were specified when the access key was generated.
- Type. The type of access key: Connector or Execution. Connector keys allow users to install a connector for connecting local devices to UFT Mobile. Execution keys enable you to run tests in the UFT Mobile lab using Micro Focus testing tools or Appium.
- Activation date and Activated by. The date the access key was activated and the user who activated it, by using it to connect to UFT Mobile.
Administrators can generate both connector and execution type access keys. Non-admin users can generate their own execution keys, but they must request connector access keys from their admins. For more details, see Generate and manage access keys (non-admin users).
To generate a new access key:
Click Administration in the right of the masthead, and select the ACCESS KEYS tab.
Click + Generate new. In the Generate New Key dialog box, enter a name and (optionally a) description for the access key. Select a type: Connector or Execution.
Click GENERATE. The window indicates that a Client ID and secret were generated successfully. Once you close this window, you will no longer be able to retrieve the access key, so you must either copy or save the credentials:
- For Connector type access keys, click COPY to place the connector credential string onto your clipboard. Click DOWNLOAD to save it to a text file that you can reference later or distribute to a non-admin user. This string is required when installing a connector.
For Execution type access keys, click the appropriate link to copy the strings to your clipboard for use with testing tools or Appium. Click DOWNLOAD in the appropriate section to save the credentials to a text file that you can reference at a later time. For more details on using these keys, see Use Execution access keys with testing tools below.
Using the buttons in the action bar above the access key list, you can:
- Generate new. Generate a new access key.
- Delete. Remove the selected access keys. Note that after you delete a Connector type access key, the connector will no longer be able to connect to the UFT Mobile server. Any existing connections will be disconnected immediately.
To use the execution key with Micro Focus testing tools, click COPY KEY to place the generated credentials on the clipboard. Click DOWNLOAD to save it to a text file that you can reference at a later time.
- For Appium users, set the oauthClientId and oauthClientSecret capabilities. For details, see UFT Mobile Appium Capabilities.
- In UFT 14.53 Patch 1, enter the tools connection string in the UFT Mobile connection settings. For details, see Mobile Options pane in the UFT Help Center.
Support for execution keys is planned for the upcoming UFT Developer and TruClient releases.
- Admin Tasks
- Install the connector on a Windows machine
- Install the connector on a Linux machine
- Install the connector on a Mac machine