The Application Automation Tools plugin is an open source plugin for the Jenkins CI (Continuous Integration) tool. It allows you to trigger Micro Focus tests such as UFT Mobile tests, ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) test sets, UFT (Unified Functional Testing) tests, or LoadRunner scenarios.
Install the plugin
To obtain the plugin, go to the Jenkins plugin site, and search for the Application Automation Tools plugin. Click the GitHub link to download the latest version of the plugin. Alternatively, use a direct link to select the appropriate version.
Once you obtain the plugin, select Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins from the main Jenkins page to install it.
Before using Jenkins with UFT Mobile, you need to configure Jenkins to recognize the UFT Mobile server.
On the Jenkins Server home page, click Manage Jenkins > Configure System.
- Go to the UFT Mobile section, and click Add UFT Mobile server.
- Enter a name for the UFT Mobile server that you will be using, and its URL.
- Repeat the last two steps for each of the UFT Mobile servers that you will be accessing.
For running functional tests where UFT and Jenkins are hosted on separate machines, you need to create an execution node for the functional test:
- Select Manage Jenkins > Manage Nodes > New Node.
- Give the node a name, and select the Permanent Agent option.
- Enter the details for the UFT machine.
- Save your changes.
Upload Apps to UFT Mobile
The Application Automation Tools Jenkins plugin provides a standalone builder for uploading apps to UFT Mobile. If you want to create a job that runs a UFT functional test with Mobile devices, see the UFT Help Center.
- Make sure you have added your UFT Mobile server to the Jenkins configuration as described in Configure UFT Mobile settings in Jenkins.
- Copy your application package file, with .apk or .ipa extensions, to the Jenkins machine.
- On the Jenkins Server home page, click New Item.
- Enter an item name for the project.
- Select Free style project and click OK in the bottom left corner.
- In the General tab, scroll down to the Build section.
- Expand the Add build step drop-down and select Upload app to UFT Mobile.
- Select your UFT Mobile server from the drop-down list of servers.
- Provide your login credentials. If your server has the multiple share spaces enabled, you must also include the nine-digit project ID in the Tenant ID field. If the feature is not enabled, you must leave this field empty.
- If you are connecting to a UFT Mobile server through a proxy, select Use proxy settings and provide the relevant information.
- Click Add Application and enter the full path of the .apk or .ipa package file of the app you want to upload to the UFT Mobile server. Repeat this step for each app you want to upload.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue with more build steps.
- Click Save when you are finished adding build steps.
- Run or trigger the job as you would with any standard Jenkins job.
- To troubleshoot, check the log file on the UFT Mobile server for issues such as connectivity and security.