This topic describes how to install a new license using a license file or a license key.
A license key enables you to install just a single license at a time. You may receive the license key directly from Micro Focus, or the license key may be included in a License file that you received from Micro Focus.
When you purchase a new license, Micro Focus may send you an email with an attached license file.
The license file contains the license keys for one or more licenses. When you use the license file to install the new licenses, the LoadRunner License Utility reads the license file and extracts all the license keys that are included in the license file.
You can then select which of the available licenses to install. You may choose to use a license file to install LoadRunner licenses because the license file enables you to install multiple licenses simultaneously.
To install a new license:
On the LoadRunner machine, select Start > All Programs > HPE Software > HPE LoadRunner > License > LoadRunner License Utility.
In the LoadRunner License Utility, click Install New Licenses. The LoadRunner License Utility - New License dialog box opens.
To install using a license key
- Click Install a license using a license key.
- Enter the license key that you received from Micro Focus.
To install using a license file
- Click the Browse button to the right of License File, and locate the license file that was sent to you by Micro Focus.
- Click View License File Content to display details of the licenses that are included in the license file.
In the list of licenses included in the license file, select the licenses to install.
- Click Install. The selected licenses are installed.
Click Close. In the License Summary table, make sure that the new licenses appear in the list of installed licenses.