Manipulating the Contents of the VTS Table
The VTS user interface provides you with the functionality required to manipulate the data in the VTS table. Alternatively, you can use Vuser scripts to modify the data in the VTS table. For details, see Using the API to Access the VTS Table.
For details on how to search for a text string inside the VTS table, see Searching inside the VTS table.
Refreshing the data
If you have a connection to database and the data has changed, The VTS window displays an icon with the number of operations that were performed against the VTS server.
Deleting the entire table
To delete the entire contents of the VTS table, click Delete Table on the VTS toolbar. VTS deletes all existing data in the table, including the column headings.
Changing the name of a column
You can change the name of any column in the VTS table.
To change the name of a column:
- Select the required column, and then click Column Actions > Edit Column Name or double-click the column header.
- In the Change Column Name dialog box, enter the new name of the column.
- Click Save.
Inserting a column
You can insert a new column into the VTS table, either to the right or the left of the selected column.
To insert a new column:
- Click a column adjacent to where you want to inset a new column.
- Click Column Actions > Insert Column to the Left or Insert Column to the Right.
- In the Create Column dialog box, enter a name for the new column, and click Save. VTS inserts the specified column.
Deleting a column
You can delete any column from the VTS table. When you delete a column, VTS deletes the entire column, including the column header.
To delete a column from the VTS table:
- Select the column to delete.
- Click Column Actions > Delete Column.
Deleting the content of a column
You can delete the contents of a column in the VTS table. When you delete the contents of a column, VTS deletes the content only - but does not delete the column header.
To delete the contents of a column:
- Select the column whose contents you want to delete.
- Click Column Actions > Clear Column's Content.
Inserting a value at the top of a column
When you insert a value at the top of a column, VTS adds a new row at the top of the column, and moves all existing data in the column down one row.
To insert a new value at the top of a column:
- Select the column in which you want to add the entry.
- Click Column Actions > Insert Value at Start.
Appending a value to the end of a column
Select the column in which you want to add the entry.
- Click Column Actions > Append Value to End.