Citrix manual synchronization
You can manually add synchronization steps both during and after recording. A common use of this capability is where the actual window did not change, but an object within the window changed. Since the window did not change, VuGen did not detect or record a Sync on Window.
For example, if you want the replay to wait for a specific graphic image in a browser window, you insert manual synchronization. Or, if you are recording a large window with several tabs, you can insert a synchronization step to wait for the new tab's content to open.
Note: You can also instruct LoadRunner Professional to insert automatic synchronization steps during your recording session. For details, see Citrix automatic synchronization.
To add synchronization during recording, you use the floating toolbar. The Sync on Bitmap and Sync on Text OCR functions enable you to mark an area or text that needs to be visible within the client window before resuming replay.
- To insert a Sync on Bitmap step, click the Insert Sync on Bitmap button on the toolbar and mark a rectangle around the desired area.
- To insert a Sync on Text OCR step, click the Insert Sync on Text OCR button on the toolbar and mark a rectangle around the desired text.
- If it is necessary to wait for an event during recording, such as the opening of an application, add manual synchronization points, such as Sync on Text OCR or Sync on Bitmap.
You can also add synchronization after the recording session. To add a synchronization step, right-click in the Snapshot pane, and select a synchronization option:
- Insert Sync on Bitmap. Replay waits until the marked bitmap appears. You mark a rectangle around the desired area.
- Insert Sync on Bitmap (by coordinates).This option is identical to the one above, except that it allows you to manually enter coordinates for the synchronization area.
Insert Sync on Obj Info. Waits until an object's attributes have the specified values (agent installations only).
Sync on Text. Waits until the specified text is displayed (agent installations only).