Known issues for programming
Framework 4.5 for .NET scripts
Steps to Resolve: If the script was recorded with a .NET 4.5 AUT, rebuild the script with Framework version 4.5 in Visual Studio.
Framework 3.5 for .NET scripts
Issue: .NET DLLs created in Visual Studio using Framework 3.5 may not run.
Steps to Resolve: Add the following to the <app>.config file: (if there is no such file, create one)
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
Missing references for scripts created in Visual Studio
Issue: A compilation error occurs (such as error CS0246 or warning MSB3644) when compiling scripts created in Visual Studio, possibly because the referenced assemblies were not added correctly to Script.csproj.
Steps to Resolve:
- If Visual Studio is installed:
- Open the script solution file in Visual Studio.
- In the Solution Explorer, click References and select Add Reference from the right-click menu.
- Save the solution, close Visual Studio, and reopen the script in VuGen.
- If Visual Studio is not installed:
Open the script.csproj file in a text editor.
In the ItemGroup element, add an Include statement for your reference as follows:
Save the file, close the editor, and reopen the script in VuGen.