How to Troubleshoot Incomplete Change Packages
Use the following steps to identify incomplete change packages and their causes. Then you can use the information above to fix the situation and avoid it in the future.
- To see if an incomplete change package exists in a stream, go to the Stream Browser, right-click over the stream, and select Show Active Issues.
- Make sure that Include Incomplete Issues is checked and look for any grayed-out issues.
- If you see a grayed-out issue, select it. This displays the change package files in the lower pane. At least one of these will be grayed-out and have a status of “missing”.
- Make note of the values in the “Version” and “Basis Version” columns. The first number (before the slash) identifies the stream and the second number (after the slash) identifies the file version that should exist in that stream.
- To identify the stream names for these numbers, go to the Stream Browser and display the tabular mode. Look for the number under the column labeled “#”, and identify its name under the “Name” column.
To figure out why the file is missing, use the Version Browser:
If the version is simply missing from this stream, but exists in the child stream, then it is likely that one or more of the files from the change package were promoted individually (rather than by issue) and this file was not. (See Promoting by File Instead of by Issue.)
If the version shows a disconnected box in the Version Browser, the problem is due to a purged file. (SeeFile Purge (Revert to Basis).)
If the version is missing from this stream, and doesn’t exist in the child stream but appears to exist in a different stream hierarchy, it is likely that the same issue was used to fix a problem in two different streams. (See Reuse of Issues Across Streams.)
Note: There is one additional incomplete change package scenario that you may encounter: if the issue contains only one file, the issue may not appear as incomplete when it should. You need to go to the Show Active Issues display and ensure that the Include Hierarchy checkbox is enabled for this situation to be displayed.