Save a scenario copy
You can save a copy of a scenario, including its content, scheduling, and capacity planning, by taking a snapshot or exporting it as an image.
You can capture snapshots of a scenario at any time and use snapshots for comparison.
To take a snapshot of a scenario:
From the ValueEdge platform menu, select Portfolio & Strategy > Portfolio Management.
Tip: The Hamburger menu is located at the top left of the screen.
- In the upper-right corner, click What-if Analysis .
- From the What-if Analysis page, open a scenario for which you want to create a snapshot.
- On top-left of the page, click Take Snapshot.
- In the Create Snapshot page, provide a name for the snapshot.
The snapshot preserves a copy of the scenario. You can compare a snapshot with other snapshots or scenarios to see the impact of different invest plans and to determine an optimal scenario. For details, see Compare scenarios.
You can export a scenario as a Portable Network Graphics (.png) file.
To export a scenario as an image:
- Open the details page of the scenario you want to export.
At the top-right corner, click Export.
The entire content and graphs present within the scenario are exported to the image file.
- The export to image function is not supported on Safari because the component used to export the scenario to image is unsupported on Safari.
- Excessive content and graphs in a scenario may cause export failure on the Firefox browser.