View portfolio dependencies
Understanding the dependencies associated with portfolio
A portfolio epic can have relationships with:
- Other portfolio epics within the same portfolio
- Portfolio epics in other portfolios or in the system
The relationships between the
- Informational. The two entities are related to each other.
- Predecessor. Action is not allowed on one entity until the referenced entity closes.
- Successor. Action is not allowed on a referenced entity until the entity closes.
- Finish/Finish predecessor. The two entities must complete at the same time.
These relationships are considered in portfolio dependencies, and viewable from the following tabs:
- Dependency tab. Shows dependencies associated with all
contentsin a portfolio.
- Backlog tab. Shows dependencies for each portfolio
View dependencies from Dependency tab
You can view dependencies associated with all
Note: To show the Dependency tab in a portfolio, you must enable it. For details, see Set up portfolio tabs.
The Dependency tab shows the dependency information as follows:
Upon initial access
When accessed for the first time, the Dependency tab provides an overview of dependencies at the portfolio level.
|Click the current portfolio||
By clicking the current portfolio, all direct
By clicking the Expand All button, all
View different parts of the chart
To view different parts of the chart, drag the chart and zoom in or out using the zoom button. Click to show the entire chart on the screen.
Search for and open an entity
To search for a specific entity by its name or entity ID, use the Search button. Only the entities displayed on the screen can be searched.
To open the details page of an entity, click the entity ID on the card.
View dependencies from
You can view the dependencies for each portfolio
To view dependencies in Backlog tab:
- Open a portfolio's Contents tab.
Select the Plain List or Hierarchy view.
contentsin a dependency relationship are marked with a dependency icon in the Has Dependencies column.
To view which entities have a dependency relationship with a particular portfolio
content, check the following columns in the backlog item: Column Description Dependencies
Hover over the Dependencies column of a
portfolio content, entities having a dependency relationship with the contentare listed. Clicking an entity name redirects you to its details page. Has Dependencies
In the Has Dependencies column of a portfolio
content, click the Show dependencies button to open the Dependencies map.
Entities in a dependency relationship with the
portfolio contentare displayed as cards, connected to the contentby blue lines.