UFT's Mobile Add-in uses UFT Mobile to perform advanced mobile testing.
Connect to UFT Mobile from UFT to access available mobile devices. Then, use UFT's Mobile Add-in to create and run functional tests for mobile apps on connected devices.
For basic mobile testing, UFT supports testing on mobile devices connected directly to the UFT computer. Install UFT Mobile Add-in for Local Device on the UFT computer to connect UFT to the local devices.
Description properties supported for mobile testing
When testing mobile devices with UFT, only a subset of the description properties available for UFT test objects are supported.
For details about supported properties, see the Identification Properties topic in the UFT Object Model Reference for each relevant Mobile or Web test object.
Basic mobile testing on local devices
UFT Mobile Add-in for Local Device is powered by UFT Mobile and supports mobile testing similarly.
Mobile testing on local devices provides the following functionality:
- Spy on and learn mobile and web application objects, on one device at a time and one application at a time.
- Create, record and run tests on mobile and web applications, one device at a time and one application at a time.
- Authentication methods, such as fingerprint and Face ID simulation are supported.
The following functionality is not supported when testing on local mobile devices:
- Simulation methods, such as QR code and barcode simulation, and photo and video simulation.
- Network virtualization.
- Service virtualization.
- Parallel testing.
Note: The same functionality is supported/not supported when opening a mobile application from UFT in a remote access window.
- UFT Mobile Help
- Known issues in the UFT Mobile Readme
- Open a remote access window and application manually