This section describes how to view UFT One test results in the Run Results Viewer, which is installed automatically with UFT One.
- View the run results in HTML format directly in your browser or in UFT One. To select the format in which you want to view the run results, open the Run Sessions pane in the Options dialog box (Tools > Options > General tab > Run Sessions node).
- Install the Run Results Viewer as a standalone application. This enables you to share the results of your tests with business analysts and developers who do not have UFT One installed on their computers.
Run Results Viewer user interface
The Run Results Tree Pane and Search Box displays a hierarchical representation of the run results.
The remaining panes provide details about a selected node or step, the data used for a particular step, optional screen captures or images (UFT OneGUI testing only), or optional system information (UFT OneGUI testing only).
By default, the Run Results Viewer opens automatically at the end of a run session. If you want to change this behavior, in UFT One, clear the View results when run session ends check box in the
Run Results Viewer step descriptions
The Run Results Viewer contains a description of the steps performed during the run session, depending on the type of test or component:
|GUI components / GUI tests without Data Pane parameters
|The Run Results Viewer shows a single test iteration.
|Tests with Data Pane parameters with multiple iterations
The Run Results Viewer displays details for each iteration of the test run.
The results are grouped by the actions in the test.
The Run Results Viewer displays the individual steps and checkpoints included in the test.
If a test is set to run multiple iterations, each iteration is displayed.
Additionally, in the run results, certain steps are displayed differently to help you gain a greater understanding of the results of your test run.
For details, see:
- Smart Identification in the Run Results (UFT One GUI Testing Only)
- Checkpoint and Output Value results
- Parameterized values in the run results
- GUI Tests containing calls to UFT One API /Service Test Tests