Git Client IDE plugin
When working with Git, use the Git Client IDE plugin to access Dimensions CM from integrated development environments (IDEs). The IDEs run Git commands that are redirected to the Git Client, and the Git Client synchronizes the changes with a Dimensions CM repository.
Use the Dimensions CM Git Client IDE plugin to perform the following operations:
- Clone a stream from Dimensions CM and populate the main branch in a Git repository with the tip of a stream.
- Update a local Git repository with changes from Dimensions CM. When you pull changes, each Dimensions CM changeset becomes a commit in a local Git repository.
- Push changes from a Git repository to Dimensions CM. Each Git commit becomes a Dimensions CM changeset.
- View Dimensions CM requests and relate them to Git commits.
- Open reviews. Reviews enable you to review and comment on the changes in your development projects. Reviews are displayed when they are approved, in review, or have been sent for rework.
- Open pull requests. These are a special type of review that you use to evaluate and merge a set of defined changes, typically in a topic stream. All pull requests for the current stream are displayed, including pending merges and merges that failed.
Use requests. Along with native Dimensions CM requests, you can use requests from external providers such as Jira, ALM Octane, and Solutions Business Manager (SBM). For details, see Configure request providers.
Jira: To use Jira issues in the Git Client IDE plugins, first log in to Jira from any Dimensions CM client.
The Git Client IDE plugin supports the following IDEs:
Microsoft Visual Studio
Microsoft Visual Studio Code
For details about certified and supported IDE versions, see Integrations.