What's new in 12.60.60 (SaaS)
The following new features and enhancements are introduced in ALM Octane the 12.60.60 SaaS release.
On-premises: For the complete list of features included in the 12.60 CP11 on-premises release, see What's new 12.60 CP11 (On-premises).
Manual test enhancements
When you report a defect from Manual Runner, ALM Octane automatically fills in the appropriate User Story, Feature, and Requirement fields. Site administrators can disable the auto-population.
For details, see Auto-populated content.
Automated test enhancements
We have made the following enhancements to the automated test area:
- You can now re-run or stop a specific test run or an entire suite run. For details, see Rerun automated tests and Stop automated tests in a suite run.
- When creating a test runner entity to run UFT tests, you can now define more than one UFT test runner per workspace. For details, see Create a UFT test runner in ALM Octane.
We have made the following enhancements to the reporting area:
New widget options allowing you to create:
- Summary graphs based on epics, with the y-axis showing a sum of the story points, actual story points, or feature count.
- Trend or cumulative flow diagrams based on epics or features.
- Feature widgets, with the y-axis showing a sum of the story points, actual story points, or initial estimate.
For details, see Configure widget data settings.
In graphs that include a duration, the time is displayed in the relevant units, for example, hours, minutes, and seconds, instead of only milliseconds. Hover over a bar to see its value. For details, see Configure widget data settings.
We have made the following OData enhancements:
- The admin can enable or disable OData access for users. For details, see OData support for extended reporting.
- A new OData template is available on the ADM Marketplace, designed for reporting feature quality. For details, see Scenario: A template for creating a feature quality status report.
We have made the following usability enhancements:
You can now access Release and sprint information from the new Management module.
Administrators with the appropriate permissions can create and edit releases in this module.
For details, see ALM Octane modules.
Filters now support comma-delimited lists of item IDs. Use this to include or exclude multiple items in a grid by their ID. For details, see Filter bar.
- In the Pipelines module, you can now use the Favorites menu to save a pipeline's display settings as a favorite view.
- Attachment sizes are now displayed in the Attachments tab.
- You will now find the Import Backlog and Import Tests buttons in the Settings menu.
New business rule
A new business rule is now available: Automatically increment Date or Integer fields by a set amount when certain events occur. For details, see Design business rules.
IDE Plugin support
The list of IDE plugins supported by ALM Octane has been updated to include recent versions. For details, see Integrations.
We have made the following Synchronizer enhancements:
You can now configure a secure connection to the Synchronizer service using HTTPS. For details, see Configure a secure connection to the Synchronizer service.
You can now export and import field mappings, to save time when setting up multiple links with similar mapping. For details, see Export and import field mapping.
When synchronizing with ALM 14 patch 2 and later, you can use API keys for your connection instead of username and password.
Synchronizer now supports the following:
- MS SQL Server 2017
- ALM/Quality Center 14 patch 2 or later, 15.00 (non-SSO version), and 15.01
Note: The following changes are being implemented. These changes might necessitate some action on your part.
From the next release, ALM Octane will stop supporting Internet Explorer 11. For details, see our customer announcement.
The Modified By field for manual tests is being deprecated.
To replace it, you can create a user-defined 'Last modified by' field. Together with a business rule, the field can be updated whenever changes are made to the manual test. For details, see Record the Last Modifier of a manual test.
VALIDATE_MIME_TYPE_MATCH_TO_EXTENSION parameter: The default value is now FALSE. For details, see Configuration parameters.
If you are using an outdated SDK version of the CI plugin, incoming data is blocked. In the DevOps > CI Plugin tab, you can see if your SDK version is supported.
The Synchronizer service HPEOctaneSync was renamed to octane-sync.
As of ALM Octane 12.60.60, we no longer support the old format of Call URL rules. If you still have old Call URL rules, re-create them using webhooks. For details, see Trigger webhooks for other applications.
For a list of REST API changes, see What's changed in the REST API.