This walkthrough is an example of a simple deployment called helloWorld that explains how to move files from one location to another.
Before performing the walkthrough steps:
Get access to a Deployment Automation server that has an active agent connected to it. In this walkthrough, you'll transfer files from the server to the agent.
For details on how to install a server or agent, see Installation quick start.
On the server machine, create a source directory helloWorld with a subdirectory TestVersion01. In the TestVersion01 subdirectory, create five text files, such as TestArtifact01.txt and TestArtifact02.txt. These files are the artifacts that you’ll import into Deployment Automation as a component and then deploy.
Run the helloWorld deployment
Follow these steps to create and run the helloWorld deployment process:
- Step 1: Create a component
- Step 2: Create and design a component process
- Step 3: Create an environment
- Step 4: Map an agent to an environment
- Step 5: Create an application
- Step 6: Add a component to an application
- Step 7: Add an environment to an application
- Step 8: Map a component to an agent
- Step 9: Create and design an application process
- Step 10: Run the application process